Earlier in November, Sr. Ann and Sr. Leona traveled to Liège, Belgium, on pilgrimage with other CJs
and IBVMs from Slovakia, Germany, Spain, Ireland, and England to attend the unveiling of two plaques comemorating Mary Ward’s houses of foundation in 1618.
The first house was on Rue des Bégards. The plaque unveiling ceremony and reception was attended by many including the Mayor of Liege, the Vicar General representing the Bishop, other clergy, religious, and even some locals.
The second house was Crexhant on rue Pierreuse. Our two CJ novices (Leona from England and Lucia from Slovakia) are pictured here standing in front of what was the novitiate 400 years ago.